The easiest way to write personalised vows is to think about you and your partner and the things you would like to pledge to each other. You can talk about anything from the love you have for each other to how you look forward to spending the rest of your lives together.
Top Tips for writing your own gay wedding vows:
- Don’t have too lengthy a monologue
- Think about your individual statements and keep them short and sweet.
- Keep your vows sincere and from the heart
- Think about whether you each want to repeat the same vows or choose separate ones.
- If children are involved think about including them in what you say.
- Practise your vows with a partner or friends.
- Make a copy of your vows for the big day so no need to worry about forgetting the words.
- Speak slowly and clearly.
- Remember your vows are a public declaration of your love for each other.